Summit Engineered Automation, Shoreview, MN
Vision, Medical, Life, Dental, 401K, Flexible Works Hours (between 6AM and 6PM Monday through Friday)
Summit Engineered Automation is a local manufacturer of custom automation equipment. Due to the growth of the company, Summit Engineered Automation is looking for a full-time, day shift machinist.
The ideal candidate should be able to program, set-up, and operate a CNC vertical machining center (Fadal experience preferred) with a customer focused attitude and the ability to demonstrate an internal drive to complete tasks on time and according to expectations and quality objectives. Summit Engineered Automation typically specializes in one off parts for our automation in all varieties of metal or plastic.
The ideal candidate takes pride in their ability to take a project from concept to completion. Collaboration, communication both internally and externally, analytical ability and attention to detail are a must for this position.
- Read and understand layouts, job packet and blueprints for machined components
- Use problem solving and trouble shooting skills to create and modify programs as needed
- Operate multiple CNC machining centers simultaneously with minimal supervision
- Use geometry, shop mathematics and calculator frequently
- Set up work to be performed in an efficient manner using tool position off-sets and MDI, Gibbs CAD/CAM or SolidWorks programming method as required
- Use cutter off-set feature to adjust and replace as necessary
- Operate lifting devices for moving heavy objects
- Additional responsibilities and work overtime as needed
Required Qualifications Include:
- High school diploma plus two year machining trade school diploma or equivalent
- 3-5 Years working experience with Gibbs Cad/Cam, SolidWorks and/or MDI programming and machine to required tolerances
- 3-5 Years programming, set up and operating a Milling Center (Fadal preferred)
- Understanding of speeds, feeds and machinability of various materials
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds and move heavier objects with proper equipment
- Must be reliable and available to work 40 hours a week, plus overtime when necessary
- General computer proficiency a plus
About Summit Engineered Automation: Summit Engineered Automation is a custom automation manufacturer that helps their customers achieve their goals and objectives by tailoring our in-house automation solutions and fabrication services. Using our Collaborative Design philosophy, we develop innovative and creative concepts for our customers needs using new technology and solutions to bring them to life. We have a fun, but hardworking environment for those that enjoy a collaborative team approach and a positive work/life balance in their day to day work environment.